PDA

View Full Version : Lake Pyramid fly line choice

Rossflyguy
01-11-2015, 05:47 PM
Any thoughts on Lake Pyramid fly line choices? Planning on making that trip for the first time with in a month. I have streamer lines (streamer express) but not sure if that the best for this type of fishing.

JD
01-12-2015, 12:29 PM
For nymphing, I like an oversized WF floating line with a heavy head to punch through the wind. For streamers, anything in the 5-6ips sink rate will work, as long as you can cast it comfortably for a day. Hard to go wrong with the Teeny T200, but there are a lot of others out there that'll do the same. There are some situations where you might want a faster or slower sinking line, but no point in complicating matters unnecessarily. Will be interesting to hear what others say, because ask 10 fly fishers about Pyramid, and you are likely to get 10 different answers.

DennisV
01-13-2015, 04:44 PM
Coldwater Outbound Short floaters and T-14 shooting head/integrated running lines.

Chris Evison
01-13-2015, 05:44 PM
I am with Dennis on this one, the Outbound short floater is perfect for indicator fishing. Biggest question for stripping line is wether or not you want to use a stripping basket. If no, then you want a floating running line. If yes, then you can go with a sinking running line. Both have other cons/pros depending on wind/current situations. There are those that use a stripping basket with both.

Bull_Dog
01-13-2015, 09:30 PM
If you guys can make it we will go over all of these line choices at the Pyramid Lake Celebration on January 30th a the Grand Sierra Resort. We will cover lines for indicator fishing, Shooting head options and how to fish nymphs without an indicator with one of Rio's newest lines. If not look for a post soon on our website on Pyramid Lake Fly Lines.

http://pyramidlakeflyfishing.com/2014/12/25/pyramid-lake-fly-fishing-celebration/

Hope to see you soon,

Rob Anderson