PDA

View Full Version : Going fishing!

JasonB
12-22-2014, 11:05 AM
My wife and I finally have a chance to go hit the coast and swing some flies! While the conditions might not be the best, we're still going and still stoked to give it a go anywhere in the northern Ca/southern Or coast where we can manage to step in to some greenish water. Been really hitting the vise a bit lately in anticipation, and thought some of you might enjoy a little of that anticipation. The Goods:

Mark Kranhold
12-22-2014, 12:15 PM
Nice job Jason, that 3rd photo is money! Looks great and good luck swinging those into the deep green!! Let us hear the report.

Blueracer
12-22-2014, 05:50 PM
Nice show of feathers Jason! Thanks for sharing. What days are you heading out??!?

JasonB
12-22-2014, 07:18 PM
Thanks. We were trying to get out of town this evening, but it's looking like we'll hit the road in the morning. We've got till NYE to find some fishy water (fingers crossed).
JB

Darian
12-22-2014, 09:55 PM
Jason,.... Those are some very nice classic style, feather wing flies. Not sure if I'd put them in the water, tho. The first Steelhead that destroyed one would make me depressed. Good luck on your trip.... :cool:

JasonB
12-22-2014, 10:09 PM
Jason,.... Those are some very nice classic style, feather wing flies. Not sure if I'd put them in the water, tho. The first Steelhead that destroyed one would make me depressed. Good luck on your trip.... :cool:

Are you kidding? If I get one of those mangled by a steelhead in fresh from the sea I will be tickled! Those are tied to fish, I can't fully appreciate the beauty of a fly that can't swim ;-) Of course loosing them in the willows or rocks is a little less glamourous, which is a more typical fate for most of my flies...
And thanks, we'll take all the luck we can get!
JB

TaylerW
12-22-2014, 10:22 PM
The smith is pretty blown and that's the last to go. Everything below the smith will be brown for some time. Klamath is a good option though!

Rick J
12-23-2014, 07:28 AM
While there may not be anything fishable right now, if you have until NYs you should find some fishing water as the 10 day forecast is pretty dry except for a storm coming in tomorrow. See link below - you can look at various river flows and predicted flows - the Smith drops really fast and should be fishable by the weekend - good luck and nice ties!!!

http://www.cnrfc.noaa.gov/graphicalRVF.php?id=CREC1

bigfly
12-23-2014, 12:35 PM
Nice flies!!!!!!!!!

Frank Alessio
12-23-2014, 05:18 PM
Really Nice Job on the Flys...

Smitty Fish
12-23-2014, 06:38 PM
Those are some classy looking flys Jason B.