PDA

View Full Version : Getting schooled by teenagers

hwchubb
11-28-2014, 05:09 PM
We just returned from our annual Trinity Thanksgiving trip, Sun-Weds with my fifteen year old son, a buddy, and his sixteen year old. This was the fourth year we have made the trip, and was by far the toughest fishing. Probably the toughest in the last 20 years, in fact.

I lost one adult fish in an hour Sunday evening, and that was it. I managed a 17" half pounder and a 24" spawned out brown the rest of the trip. Swinging, bobber, nada. My son, meanwhile, got 5 between 4 and 8 pounds, including a gorgeous 8# wild buck Weds morning that he fought like a pro. As any Dad knows, I'd much rather see that than catch them myself.

My question is this. Am I a great teacher and guide, or just becoming a crappier fisherman as I get older? It's one of those questions you ponder as you go into the 20th or so grabless hour.

donkeyhunter007
11-28-2014, 05:30 PM
The fishing gods ( very similiar to the baseball gods) knew you were a noble and generous man who would rather see his son catch a fish..... so they rewarded you with exactly that . Sounds like an awesome trip