PDA

View Full Version : Steelhead Tournament - Cast Hope

RJSFLYTRIP
11-22-2014, 10:36 PM
Hey guys. I hope this note finds you well. I'm excited to announce that Cast Hope will be hosting our 1st annual steelhead tournament on the Trinity River in February. This event is filling up and we only have 7 spots remaining. This is going to be a great weekend of fly fishing, eating, drinking, and hanging out in steelhead country. All of the funds raised from this fundraiser are going to directly fund the Cast Hope program with the vision of getting at-risk kids in the outdoors with fly rod in hand. If you have any questions about the tournament or if you would like to enter then please email me at info@casthope.org. All the pertinent information about the tournament is below. Hope you will be able to join us.

Thanks,
Ryan Johnston
Director Cast Hope

Steelhead Tournament - Feb. 5-8, 2015

Location: The steelhead tournament will be taking place on the Trinity River near Weaverville, CA. That's about 1 hour west of Redding. The Trinity is a great steelhead river that has a large run of fish from October - February. This tournament is timed perfectly for catching the big winter fish that show up later in the season. Fish from 25-30" are common on this river with the potential at fish in the 31-35" range being caught every year. This tournament is going to be open to both nymphing and swinging for steelhead. Steelhead caught swinging will carry more weight in terms of points for the tournament.

Time: The event is going to be held on February 5-8, 2015. You will check in on Thursday evening. Fish on Friday and Saturday. Then check out Sunday morning. It should be perfect timing to miss minimal work. But lets be honest who cares about work when you mention the word Steelhead.

Lodging: We will be staying at the Indian Creek Lodge in Douglas City. Indian Creek is directly on highway 299 with the river running through the back of the property. The Lodge is more a hotel style place with an awesome banquet room where we will be doing meals and hosting all of our festivities.

Food/Drinks: We are so stoked that for this tournament that we are going to be having Josh Schwartz doing all the cooking for every meal. Josh used to be a head chef for the famous French Laundry Restaurant. The food should be amazing as always. To be honest this might be more exciting than the actual fishing. In addition to the food all beer and wine will be provided for the weekend.

Door Prize Package: We really wanted to change up the prize package this time. So we are excited to be working with Simms on this one. This years prize package is going to be a Simms Dry Creek Backpack http://www.simmsfishing.com/shop/vests-packs/dry-creek-backpack.html. Plus all kinds of cool Cast Hope Swag. I personally think it is best prize package we have done so far and a perfect item for a steelhead trip where people will be wanting to keep things dry.

Prize Packages: There are going to be some awesome prizes for the winners this year. All of the prizes are going to be based around the thought of steelhead and will include rods, trips, and cold weather gear. In total there will be 6 different prizes given away to the top 3 anglers, top team, and Big Fish caught nymphing and swinging.

Cost: The cost of the tournament is going to be $4,000 per team of 2 anglers or $2,500 for a single. We have reduced the price for this tournament as we have more space for a larger number of anglers this year. To officially hold your spot we will need a 50% deposit either mailed to Cast Hope at Box 3740, Chico, CA 95927 or you can make a donation online here - http://casthope.org/donate. All entry fees for the tournament are considered charitable donations for the 2015 year.

Sponsor: This steelhead event is being sponsored by The Fly Shop ( http://www.theflyshop.com). We will be using all of their guides for the fishing. They have been around for a long time and are looked upon highly with expertise on the Trinity River.

RJSFLYTRIP
12-13-2014, 12:18 PM
Well winter is upon us and that means steelhead season is here. With all of this water that we are getting that means we are going to have a great winter steelhead season. We are looking for a handful of more people to fill the 1st annual steelhead tournament. Currently we only have 6 spots remaining. So to promote the tournament and to get a few more signups we are offering a FREE GALVAN TORQUE REEL to the next 4 people that sign up for the tournament. This is a $350 gift that is yours if come hang out with us for an awesome weekend of steelhead fishing.

All the details of the tournament are above. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks for all the support.

Cast Hope
info@casthope.org
619-540-9259

Troutstalker55B
12-22-2014, 07:26 AM
RJ,

Do you have any more spots open? I have some guests of mine that are interested. Please advise, thanks! - J.