PDA

View Full Version : Bucket List

FISHEYE
11-19-2014, 11:04 AM
PVSPRME, had a post in travel about a trip to Kamchatka being on his bucket list as he retires. I am also retiring and considering where I want to go. Since I live in Alaska, I can easily fish the Kenai or fly out to Bristol Bay relatively inexpensively. I already go to the Baja each year with Jay Murakoshi, go to Belize for 2 weeks in November and fish a week for redfish in Louisiana. So what is on my bucket list? What is on yours?

In March 2015 I am planning a 2 week trip to Argentina. One week will be at Estancia Laguna Verde to fish a week at Lago Strobele (Jurassic Lake) and another week will be to sight fish a small river for golden dorado with mice.

I would also like to fish:
1) The Amazon for peacock bass
2) I have been invited to fish the Owyhee next summer
3) I'd like to go east to NJ and fish big blues and stripers with my brother
4) Maybe another pike trip to the Innoko River

Where else should I go while I can? I figure at just a few months shy of 60 I have another 10 really good years. Phil

John Sv
11-19-2014, 12:20 PM
Iceland or Kola Peninsula Atlantic salmon would be on mine.
I'd also like to catch at least one of the native trout subspecies in N America

Cmcculloch
11-19-2014, 12:35 PM
How about going for golden trout in the high sierra mountains in Calif.?

Darian
11-19-2014, 01:31 PM
Hmmm,.... Where to Go....??? Why not try for some Snook or White SeaBass on the Pacific side while in Baja?? Also, gorilla Yellowfin Tuna near Guadalupe Island, MX. Another would be Tiger Fish in Tanzania, Africa. Tarpon on the Carribean side or Quepos for Billfish and truly giant Roosters in Costa Rica. Christmas Island for Giant Trevally?? So many places, so little time.... ;)

mems
11-19-2014, 04:06 PM
Cool places to fish, Panama-sails, Seychelles-bones & GT's, Belize-permit, Rangiroa (tahitii)-big bones, Iceland-salmon, Los Roques-bones, Cook Islands- big stupid bones, New Zealand-big bows and browns, Australia-black marlin and other reef monsters, Vanuatuu- dog tooth ahi. Really any place with big bones and GT's is a great place. I love flats fishing, I get to do a lot of offshore and mahi are my favorite from a boat, but sails would be fun. To me I like fishing with my friends and family just about anywhere, Mems.

Spicytuna1
11-19-2014, 05:44 PM
Owyhee is a good time.

Missoula has some cool shit around it.

Tarpon are a bucket list for me, as are musky.

Delta stripers when they are one can be a blast so can the LMB summer.

DLJeff
11-19-2014, 06:07 PM
Since it seems you have the wherewithal to travel - The Seychelles. It takes 3 days to get there but it is the best fishing trip of a life time, bar none. The variety of fish you can catch, the ferocity of big GT's, few if any places in the world can rival a remote atoll in the Seychelles. We even teased up billfish from our pangas during high tide.

Ned Morris
11-20-2014, 12:32 PM
Atlantic Salmon in Quebec/New Brunswick - Gaspe Penn. King of Gamefish! Restigouche River, Gran Cascapedia, Moise Rivers have the largest in the world. Poinoi and Norway have them too but you will pay two three times more.

pvsprme
11-22-2014, 04:09 PM
Chile/Argentina for trout, Patagonia for Sea Run Browns, North Umpqua for Steel on a dry, BC interior for a 20+lb. steelhead while they still are around.

Wanderingblues
11-23-2014, 09:41 AM
New Zealand and Patagonia would do it for me.