PDA

View Full Version : Trinity Trip 10/26

Rmacneil656
10-23-2014, 09:45 AM
Going to fish the trinity 10/26 and possibly 10/27 weather permitting.. PM or comment if you would like to meet up, or ride along. Planning on bringing the spey rod.

NCL
10-24-2014, 06:50 AM
I was on the Trinity yesterday and by noon it was pretty much blown out below Junction City. The water above Douglas City looked good but due to a vehicle problem we didn't stop. It rained hard all morning yesterday and the predictions for the storm tomorrow are for heavier rain so you might want to make a call to Trinity Fly Shop or The Fly Shop and get current condition before making that drive.

Digger
10-24-2014, 07:29 AM
gauge flows show the Trinity near Helena yesterday around 1500 cfs !!!

Weaverville forecast for rain today, heavy tomorrow, clearing Sunday/Monday, back again Tuesday.
We asked for rain . . . . .

Rmacneil656
10-24-2014, 10:03 AM
I was on the Trinity yesterday and by noon it was pretty much blown out below Junction City. The water above Douglas City looked good but due to a vehicle problem we didn't stop. It rained hard all morning yesterday and the predictions for the storm tomorrow are for heavier rain so you might want to make a call to Trinity Fly Shop or The Fly Shop and get current condition before making that drive.

I'm gonna keep my eye on flows and keep in toucj with Trinity Fly Shop. I saw they got like 2 inches of rain so I would expect that some of the tribs should flush. Last I heard the Steelhead were pretty spread out so if the river blows out I'll just start up top and work my way down as it clears. If its still pretty nasty I'll get out the big black leeches and see what I can do. I'm hoping with another inch predicted tommorrow that Sunday may be a bit of a crap shoot, but Monday should be prime.

Rmacneil656
10-24-2014, 10:47 AM
gauge flows show the Trinity near Helena yesterday around 1500 cfs !!!

Weaverville forecast for rain today, heavy tomorrow, clearing Sunday/Monday, back again Tuesday.
We asked for rain . . . . .

We did ask for rain and I'm glad we're getting it. I'm shooting for that clearing on sunday monday and banking on the river holding- lol river puns.