PDA

View Full Version : I found a fly rod and reel at Lake Davis 10/19

Scott V
10-19-2014, 09:04 PM
I found a fly rod and reel that has been under water for a while at Lake Davis. I found it near Fairview, PM the rod make, model and size plus the reel make and model, if it is your I'll let you know. It cleaned up real nice after an hour or two of hard cleaning.

Jet
10-21-2014, 06:31 AM
pm sent. Let me know if its the one?

Scott V
10-21-2014, 07:19 AM
pm sent. Let me know if its the one?

Nope, sorry Joe.

steve balfrey
01-15-2015, 04:06 PM
I found a fly rod and reel that has been under water for a while at Lake Davis. I found it near Fairview, PM the rod make, model and size plus the reel make and model, if it is your I'll let you know. It cleaned up real nice after an hour or two of hard cleaning.

I just joined the Kiene forum site. I was looking through the old posts and came across yours. I lost a rod and reel at Davis over a year ago. The rod was a Sage, 4 piece, 4 weight, brown color. The reel was a Ross ( I believe the model was a Gunnison) and it was loaded with a clear intermediate line. I would love to tell you that a huge bow jerked it out of my hands...but the truth is I just had a mental lapse and it slid off the skirt of my pontoon boat. Kind of ruined the day.

I know it's a long shot, but I can hope! Give me a call at (916) 804-7626 if it matches up. Steve Balfrey

Scott V
01-15-2015, 04:56 PM
I just joined the Kiene forum site. I was looking through the old posts and came across yours. I lost a rod and reel at Davis over a year ago. The rod was a Sage, 4 piece, 4 weight, brown color. The reel was a Ross ( I believe the model was a Gunnison) and it was loaded with a clear intermediate line. I would love to tell you that a huge bow jerked it out of my hands...but the truth is I just had a mental lapse and it slid off the skirt of my pontoon boat. Kind of ruined the day.

I know it's a long shot, but I can hope! Give me a call at (916) 804-7626 if it matches up. Steve Balfrey

Sorry Steve, not it. But if we don't get much rain again this year you might want to go searching for it.

Mark Kranhold
01-15-2015, 04:56 PM
Wouldn't this be a great reunion and a happy ending to a fish story! Hope it's yours!!