PDA

View Full Version : Trinity river 10/19

joshfish
10-19-2014, 06:29 PM
Hit the trinity today for the first time in over a year. Finally caught a steelhead. It was a 20" bright chrome fish. Lost one other about that size. My buddy that I was with caught two in the 20" range and lost one that was much bigger. He also caught a 16" brown. Water was low and clear. River got pretty busy by late morning. Saw quite a few salmon still moving through.

Rmacneil656
10-21-2014, 12:03 PM
If you dont mind me asking, what section of the river were you fishing?

joshfish
10-21-2014, 01:14 PM
We fished down below the north fork.

Rmacneil656
10-21-2014, 01:32 PM
Thanks! Just the info I needed. Im thinking of trying to get up there ASAP. I fished it a few weeks ago in the del loma area, but its sounds like fish are movin on up.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-21-2014, 04:53 PM
On rivers that you can drive along, like the Klamath or Trinity, just keep driving upstream or down stream till you see parked cars, drift boats or rolling steelhead.

You can quickly sample all the good looking water, but keep moving till you find fish.

joshfish
10-21-2014, 06:55 PM
We got on the river right at day break. It was overcast and cool until mid morning. I was loving it. Fished a lot of water for the ones we caught. Once the sun broke out it got warm and we didn't catching anything else.

NCL
10-22-2014, 07:56 AM
I fished the Trinity on Monday in the Del Loma area, we didn't catch anything but we did start seeing a few fish which is more than I can say for the previous four trips in October. As Josh said there a few fish around but they are scattered and you have to work for them.