PDA

View Full Version : Lower Yuba River//..and Calling back the Salmon Ceremony

Garfly
10-11-2014, 01:00 PM
Hey guys, the Yuba is fishing well and the salmon are here!--Higher flows have increased the number of redds and copper john's.micro mays,and of course eggs seem to be producing.Don't count out a skwalla sized hopper dry ,when a swirling eddy just looks too good with sufficient flotsam to pass it up......We had our sunrise ceremony at Sycamore at 7;00 am, this morning and will be feeding a free salmon lunch at 1;00 today(sat.).....

Music and talking circles will continue through monday....so parking for river shuttles will be just outside the usual parking lot,but on the grass. You can look up CallingbacktheSalmon.org and IndigenousPeoplesdays.com for more info. of events happening through monday. ...and if you can't make it out to join us(the Tsi-Akim Maidu/SYRCL/etc...)....then you can listen to the talking circles and fantastic music on KVMR fm @89.5 !!!!!

If someone wants to enjoy a little fishing and interesting world music without a boat... then my recommendation would be to park in the Hammond Grove parking lot and fish those redds right down the hill...and then one could walk downstream towards Sycamore to enjoy some music on Sunday....storytelling will be in the bark house from 10-4 sunday....and monday I will surely have my radio tuned to 89.5 all day{from 7 am. -10 pm!} while doing my chores and writing....sorry this is so long, just wanted to give a heads up to a fun event that I have been fortunate enough to be a part of for the last 7+ tears...C