PDA

View Full Version : NFF - Need help

Baja Fly Fisher
10-08-2014, 11:38 AM
I'm looking for an artist to do me a sketch of a rooster head. It doesn't need to be fancy.
I'm having some hats embroidered but can't use a photo, needs to be a drawing. I would like to
keep the colors in the dorsal, but can't have too many other colors
These hats are are going to be for my clients coming to Baja.

Attached is the photo of the rooster head

Thanks

Jay Murakoshi

Forgot to add, head only, no background

Darian
10-10-2014, 09:25 PM
Hi Jay,.... is there a size requirement for the drawing???

Baja Fly Fisher
10-11-2014, 12:34 PM
No size requirement, just a sketch. I think they will do all the adjustments needed. I might attempt this myself since no one responded. I need the hats for the upcoming Baja season

Jay

jbird
10-11-2014, 01:08 PM
Hey Jay. There are filters in Adobe photoshop that can render a photograph into a sketch or drawing. Would you like me to see what I can do with it?

I am very good with pen and ink but I do very poorly with colors, so a freehand, colored sketch would be tough for me.

Garfly
10-11-2014, 01:27 PM
Jay, -Hey, what is your timeframe?....and i assume it might be for stitching the fish on the hat or is it a screenprint?...I did some work for Bryan Jamail and Topwater industries/Pico lures back in the day out of Austin ,Texas(a small company) .....so I don't mind taking a stab at it. I could give you a few variances of color tones ,depth,etc (3-4 to choose from since everyone will have a personal preference of what will transfer best to the medium used on the hat....)....I could trade Ya' for some of your fantastic saltwater flies!!...pm me or
call me @ 530/639/2521 if ya still are seeking some designs/artwork....Thanks,Christopher

Baja Fly Fisher
10-11-2014, 02:06 PM
Ok guys, here's what I need. A simple (yeah right) sketch of the rooster. I would assume b&w or maybe silver&black with a hint of the yellow or off yellow tint. I only want 4 colors so I would guess, Black, silver, white and off cream - like in the photo.
I"m assuming they can downsize the print to fit on the hat.
I've tried to sketch it but I think my 4 year old grand daughter could to better. I have Adobe PS but know very little about it
Christopher, I contact you by phone. Let's talk

Thanks to all who inquired

Jay

jbird
10-11-2014, 03:27 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/jbird35/jbird35040/Untitled-11_zps6046f8c6.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/jbird35/media/jbird35040/Untitled-11_zps6046f8c6.jpg.html)

Baja Fly Fisher
10-11-2014, 05:24 PM
Jay

that could work. I'll scan it and then send it to the company. I'm sure they will tweak it a little bit but that's ok

Thanks

jay

Could you sent that to me in an email

jbird
10-11-2014, 06:53 PM
sure Jay, Whats your address?

Baja Fly Fisher
10-12-2014, 09:14 AM
My address is:

Jay Murakoshi
667 E. Cole Ave
Fresno, CA. 93720

Christopher, my address is listed above. Couldn't get through on the email

FISHEYE
10-12-2014, 10:35 AM
Jay, if this does not work out Al Tigert can do it for you and I also know another guy who is a wonderful artist and does many drawings in black and white. Let me know. I can't wait to get my hat.

Did you get the email from John D. about fishing with me the second week? Phil

Baja Fly Fisher
10-12-2014, 12:22 PM
Yes, I got John's email last week. Hopefully I'll have the hats by March or April. I will bring some with me to La Paz. Give some out at the shows to clients and possibly sell a few. You don't see to many hats around with roosters.
I'll let you know if I need Al's help

Thanks

Jay

jbird
10-12-2014, 01:06 PM
My address is:

Jay Murakoshi
667 E. Cole Ave
Fresno, CA. 93720

I meant email address so I can send the image.

Tony Buzolich
10-12-2014, 02:52 PM
Jbird has the right idea as to making it more graphic and less realistic. I might add though it would be really nice to finish the dorsals and the pectoral rather than cutting it off with a straight line edge.
Tony

Baja Fly Fisher
10-12-2014, 03:08 PM
Jbird - email address is jaysflies@me.com

Tony, the photo was cropped tight to eliminate the hands and part of the guys body. Plus I only have 1.75" of space to work with

Thanks

Jay