PDA

View Full Version : 2 each 8 foot TPL fiberglass tri-hull prams for sale

Bill Kiene semi-retired
09-27-2014, 08:01 AM
Al Smatsky has two 8 foot TPL prams he is selling.

One is used and the other is mostly unused.

We will get a price up here soon for them.

These are the most popular fiberglass fly fishing prams in California.

I sold them at my fly shop back in the day.

You will see lots of them in the movie "River of a lost Coast".

Very similar hull to the Olympia, Outback and Keaton prams.

Al's cell is 209/601-0819

Baja Fly Fisher
09-27-2014, 10:58 AM
A great small, easy to transport, fly fishing boat. At one time I had 5 of them. I tried for 7 but the wife put a halt to that. I always thought you need for every day of the week. I still use my pram in the forebay, Millerton Lake and sometimes the Delta. I use to fish the San Lorenzo River back in the early days. It was light enough to carry over the rock levee to launch then row to the Buckeye hole
My pram is powered by a 65lb thrust trolling motor. I use to use a 3 hp Evinrude but would have to stand in the front and use a long extension throttle control. If you look at mine, it's shows the years of wear and tear. I've thought about selling the whole thing but I'm still able to handle it at the Forebay. Easy to launch, back to the edge of the water and push it right into the water. EASY.
Al's prams would be great for those who fish ponds, lakes and maybe the American. Like Bill mentioned, in the 70's when I fished the Smith and Chetco, you could walk across the river and not get wet. It was the pram of choice. I think they were built in SJ.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
09-27-2014, 11:06 PM
TP&L Prams was in Los Gatos, CA.

'Tom, Pat & Larry'............

Olympia Boats by Columbia Fiberglass Company near Seattle, WA first built those hulls, then many copied them or "splashed a mold" off of them.