PDA

View Full Version : The Klamath River is around 200 miles long.........so

Bill Kiene semi-retired
09-18-2014, 12:12 PM
so it is not hard to find runs that have no other anglers.

You might have to hike down into them.

Here is a report from someone who is up there for 3 months every year.

"Hi Friends of E Ne Nuck:
I don't know if this is going to be the best year we have ever had for fishing here, but it's going to be close. More salmon have already been caught here this year than I can remember, and it is just going to get better. Now the Feds are releasing more cold Trinity River water for another week, and it should be lights out fishing for the rest of the season. I have to send a photo of Suzie Watson's 23 pounder she caught yesterday on a copper blade Mepps Aglia #5 spinner. Mark from Maui just left after 10 days of the best fishing he ever had here. The rivers are just loaded with half pounders as well. If you can't come, my condolences.
Your old friends, Sher, and Simba"

"The rivers are just loaded with half pounders as well." That is so cool......

I would go in October and fish the middle river, above and below Orleans, where you can drive, park, walk and wade for miles.

We fish this mostly with light fly rods and floating lines. Almost nobody indo nymph fishes that part of the river in Oct.

This is the stretch of river that old Joe Shirshac showed us over 30 years ago.

If you want to go I would stop by Kiene's Fly Shop when Noe Fierros is working. He has been fishing it for about 30 years.

Email, PM or call me if you want to go......and need some advise.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

*The middle Rogue River and lower Trinity River in October should be very good as well.

**Why October? Because normally the water will be a perfect temperature for Steelhead, around 60 degrees.