PDA

View Full Version : Trinity, steelhead, swinging flies, other rivers, rideshare or meet

Rmacneil656
09-16-2014, 10:34 AM
Hi All,
I’m looking for a rideshare partner for steelhead season on the Trinity River (or American, Klamath of Feather, but preferably the Trinity). I live in the Bay area and have a little commuter car that I gets good mileage so making the trip is a breeze.

As of recently I picked up a spey rod and fished the Deschutes twice and I just fished the Trinity this past weekend. Fish are in the Trinity but numbers should keep getting better, I found one on Saturday evening swinging a breadcrumb fly. Swinging flies is a new challenge and a blast to do. I’d like to find someone else interested in swinging flies, as it would be difficult to find spots that really satisfy swinging and nymphing. I by no means require a “baby sitter” as I know more knots than I’ll ever use, carry more flies than I should generally need and know how to cast.

Fishing by yourself IMO just isn’t as fun. The car ride is longer and you don’t get to talk about the water, discuss points on the map or any of that fun stuff. Plus wading by yourself can always be a bit sketchy.
Anyways if you are looking to head up in any of the upcoming weekends and want to meet up or ride along shoot me a message. I’ll also be watching the weather as I have some sick days to use if a storm comes through and presents ideal conditions.

Rmacneil656
09-26-2014, 01:53 PM
As an update I will be going up Sunday night and fishing Monday, and will be making a second trip Saturday the 3rd through Tuesday the 6th

GreggH
02-07-2015, 07:45 AM
Hey,

Call me re: ride share.

Regards, Gregg C 707-567-1509
Santa Rosa

WinterrunRon
02-07-2015, 10:12 AM
The more people I meet, the more I love my dog.

Team Stinky Duck

Don't be offended if he doesn't call you!

Rmacneil656
02-07-2015, 10:57 AM
Hey Greg,
Thanks for the response, I'll shoot you a PM about my upcoming fishing plans.

Ron: was that comment even necessary? It offered no help, information or even opinion. Waste of internet space.

WinterrunRon
02-08-2015, 10:58 PM
Totally misinterpreted my tone... said tonge in cheek as a pun. It just so happend you were asking to meet up with someone and I happend to notice his moniker (or whatever you call it). Made me laugh when I noticed. No offense intended to GreggH.