PDA

View Full Version : Another Happy customer

Reel Ventures on the Fly
08-26-2014, 08:05 PM
This is why I got into guiding, seeing the excitement of someone that has never hooked a striper on a fly rod.

Couldn't of asked for a better person to be at the front of my boat today. We arrived 20 mins before first light and I was grateful to see headlights as my client made his way to the parking lot on time...good start. With only minimal striper fishing experience under his belt I was a little concerned with handing him my 9wt with a pole dancer topwater fly attached and he relieved those concerns with a 60ft cast delivered by a double haul, from that point on I thought GAME ON! Lets go find some fish

The morning started off slow with no eager fish to be fooled into a topwater bite and quickly got into fish as we made or way down river. Happy to see our flows at a decent 1500cfs, it made the rowing a little easier, and a slight stain in the water from the gravel restoration work they are doing below the dam made it a little easier to trick striper to take my poorly tied rainbow clouser, and trick them we did.

(sorry for the flipped photo, couldn't figure out how to rotate these, any ideas? fyi they are right side up in my file folder)

Nothing big came on the fly today but that could not matter to the eager caster in the front of the boat as he was amazed overtime the line went tight with another fish, like I said perfect client.

This time of year on the American is unlike any other time of year for fishing. Having practically the whole river to yourself you can float through sections of the river and easily forget that you are surrounded by a suburban environment. I look forward to putting more people like this on fish in the near future and with Salmon fishing knocking on the door, the stripers and serenity on the river won't be around for much longer. Hope to here from ya.

~Garrett

http://www.reelventuresonthefly.com

Bill Kiene semi-retired
08-26-2014, 10:18 PM
Wonderful Garrett.

I have advised beginners to going with a guide right at first. You will learn some good technique and you will have the best chance to catch some fish.

In Florida I took a local fly fisher, who is a friend of mine, out with one of the best guides in our area, Eric Davis of Vero Beach.

In one day my friend hooked his first two Tarpon on a fly and landed one of them, around 40 pounds.

I think it changed his life forever......

The top guides are making us new customers every day.....thanks.