PDA

View Full Version : Nimbus Basin

Charlie Gonzales
08-20-2014, 07:53 PM
Anybody..................... what construction is going on down there?

Jeff C.
08-21-2014, 07:17 AM
Gravel restoration with a side channel going in on the south side.

hwchubb
08-21-2014, 08:07 PM
Charlie,

I noticed the work when I was biking there last weekend, I assumed that this is where the improvement is going this year - and Jeff confirmed that. Nice gravel bars already, without any change in regs it should provide even better snagging than Sailor Bar.

You picking up L any days this year?

Mark Kranhold
08-21-2014, 08:29 PM
Gravel restoration with a side channel going in on the south side.

Yep, we have a bunch of our operators from work doing a lot of rock and gravel work for spawning habitat. I agree on the snagging, hopefully the Regs get changed up there!

Bill Kiene semi-retired
08-21-2014, 11:18 PM
The river could be closed to all fishing year round from the dam down to the Sunrise Bridge.

Or 6 months? Oct 1 through March 31?

JAWallace
08-22-2014, 11:19 AM
Both DFW and the Bureau are pushing for that closure above the Hazel Bridge. I think they feel pretty confident they will get it done within two-three years. That would be great personally as well, because in their wisdom they closed off parking at the basin. Now,with virtually no parking options for early/late fishing, they park up the street in our neighborhood and leave all their crap for us to pick up.

hwchubb
08-30-2014, 11:54 AM
Your lips to God's (or the DFG's) ears, Bill. Not sure if people remember how good the winter run responded in the mid 90's with similar regs, but would love to see all the restoration work that was done over the last few years allowed to actually benefit the fishery..