PDA

View Full Version : Orvis Clearwater rod & reel & net (8-1/2' 5wt)

SLOwag
08-10-2014, 02:42 PM
SOLD

Great starter kit or a backup for when you break your rod on a trip. The rod alone retails for $200.

New 8-1/2', 5wt Orvis Clearwater rod with case. New Clearwater Large Arbor II reel with line and backing. I don't know the make or taper on the line but it appears to be a level taper. Used Orvis net.

Additional info: The rod has never been used. I don't think it was ever used even on a lawn. The plastic wrap is still on the cork and there are no marks on the reel seat showing a reel was ever attached. I doubt it has been registered with Orvis. It was a retirement gift to my father in law who is a bass fisherman who uses only conventional gear. I don't have a warranty card but maybe Orvis can still register it for you. There aren't any markings on the cork. The only mark I can't figure out is a "12" on the rod itself, see pictures.

I'm not sure what the action is, I never cast the rod and it's not like the Helios where you the flex index is described on their web page. You might look for reviews on-line. I assume it's a freshwater rod based on how its described on the Orvis page. I've used a 5wt in the surf for perch and corbina, but not offshore.

I can provide more photos if requested. Thanks

Price: $150 plus shipping within Continental USA
I accept PayPal.
Please reply by PM. Thanks

SLOwag
08-11-2014, 10:11 AM
All PM's replied to and additional info added to original post. New pics below.