PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Iselle

mems
08-10-2014, 12:42 PM
Aloha Hurricane Iselle came and went and we were spared any major damage. I had to clean up some tree branches in the yard. We had gusts up to 50 mph so it was a little scary. My wife is a Red Cross volunteer and she managed the shelters on our island. The Puna district got hit pretty hard and suffered some storm surge and wind damage. Many residents are still without power. The surf was good and we are headed out now for another session. Hope the big ahi and mahi are still around. Inshore the bones and trevally are on the feed. Time to clean up the yard and go surfing, Mems

EricO
08-11-2014, 11:21 AM
Hi Don,

I was in Maui last week in Kihei. The weather forecast changed daily but we didn't see much of
any bad winds or rain for that matter. The local shops all had sand bags laid in the front doors
expecting the worse.

Looks like Kona took the brunt of it.

Had some real good waves my last day on Saturday boogie boarding. Got rolled REAL bad
on one wave and thought I cracked a few ribs. I was done at that point. Amateur maneuver.

Eric

mems
08-11-2014, 03:34 PM
Surf from Julio, next storm is awesome today. I went out yesterday and got some nice clean 6-8 foot barrels. That is Hawaiian size, not cali size. People in Puna are still cleaning up, lots of downed trees and no power for some 8,000 residents. Hope you went fishing for some bones on Maui. The surf at big beach can be dangerous. Glad Iselle fizzled out. They have to prepare for the worst case scenario. Sad thing, no FEMA help for the residents of Puna. Governor Abercrombie signed the disaster declaration, but ironically Obama, Hawaii's favorite son did not sign it at the federal level. Glad you had fun on Maui. Don.

Baja Fly Fisher
08-11-2014, 04:59 PM
6' to 8' tubes, WOW!.... Just think everyone who went to Costco and cleaned out the water, toilet paper and SPAM are set for few months. I'll be the spam stocks jumped last week. Damn, my mouth is watering for some musubi. Next year there will be some at the TailHunter Restaurant. I"m packing some in the bag.

Jay