PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Recs for CT Westbrook area?

steveg137
07-17-2014, 06:20 PM
Hi there,
In heading to Westbrook area of CT next week. Any recommendations for trout or striper fishing from the shore? Any guides or boat trips you can recommend?
Thanks steve

Larry S
07-18-2014, 03:58 PM
Steve,
Don't see anything about Ct in my books. You're not far from RI's Block Island
and vicinity. That can be very productive. Loren Elliott might be able to help you;
dig thru the striper posts on the Kiene board to find him.
Best,
Larry S

hwchubb
07-20-2014, 10:41 AM
Steve,
I grew up just down the CT coast from Westbrook (Norwalk), though it's been 30 years since I fished LI Sound last. It has since become a world-class fly destination, and you're hitting it at a great time of year. The coast has lots of public access, but I would recommend getting at least one evening with a guide to shorten the learning curve. Stripers, weakfish and occasionally bluefish ( the best of the bunch, as far as I'm concerned) are all available inshore, and a boat can get you to false albacore and mackerel as well. Some nice trout water, but nothing that will make you forget about the Sierras or north state. Take advantage of the great fishing in the Sound, and hit a lobster pound while you're there.

steveg137
07-20-2014, 11:19 AM
Hi guys thanks so much for the info. Going to look up a guide as other catching few spinning I'm clueless about blue and striper fly fishing. Cheers steve