PDA

View Full Version : How hot was it?

Rockman
07-12-2014, 07:31 PM
Got back from Lake Siskiyou last Tuesday nite, got in 4 nite's of evening "Hex" fishing. Have to say the fishing was much slower then the last 3 years. Not sure if it was because alot of the lake bed was exposed during the winter to the lowest level I have ever seen it, and or because of the extreme heat. How hot was it? Check out my melted flybox that I left in the boat during the daytime. No fly's were harmed, but the box got toasted. Check out the curve melted into the hinged side of the flybox.
The fishing was only OK, did get smallies up to 3 lbs, and a few bows around 18"-19". Going back up around August 2nd to give it a few more evenings. The smallies were so aggresive they were flying into the air to grab your hex. Lots of fun!
3 out of the 4 nights fishing, the conditions were perfect, just not as many bugs coming off, and the rises were much more spread out compared to previous years.
The third nite out the wind was bad and the lake was rough, but I did land a nice 3lb smallie in the rough waters. Nice evening sunsets in the summer make this a great place to fish.