PDA

View Full Version : Any Carp close to sac.

charles
07-09-2014, 04:56 PM
Does anybody know any good carp spots around the city?
I been out of circulation for a while.
I'm hoping maybe David or Ed may know of something.
I've seen some cruising around the launch at sailor bar, and the sloughs around Natomas but it's all too deep to fish for them with a fly rod. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Scott V
07-10-2014, 09:29 AM
Charles, what up my brother from another mother. Hope you and the family are doing great, contact me sometime and lets go fishing.

I don't know of any places for carp, but would love to know myself.

David Lee
07-10-2014, 10:52 AM
Found a nice pod at Lake Natoma yesterday , all over 10 Lbs. -

The canals behind Home Depot (off Truxel) have some , also . Hope you are well !!!

D.~

Charlie Gonzales
07-10-2014, 12:34 PM
How about Mather or Cameron Park Lakes?

Scott V
07-10-2014, 01:29 PM
How about Mather or Cameron Park Lakes?

I've never seen carp in either. Cameron I am 100% sure, I've fished it hard for the last 10+ years and never seen one.

Rockman
07-10-2014, 02:34 PM
A bit further out, Lake Clementine has some big carp. Head up to the shallows where the North Fork of the American comes in. Also some big smallies too!

Darian
07-10-2014, 02:39 PM
There're several ponds surrounded by developments in North Natomas. For anyone with access, they seem to have more than their share of Carp in them. One of my friends lives on the shore of one of those ponds and says he sees Carp around his dock in the night lights. He says some of them look to be around 20 pounds. If you can gain access, seems like you'd be in the tall timber. At least one of those ponds has a public park access point on its shoreline. :cool:

There's always the pond in Southside Park and as David pointed out, the canals that run thru this area should have their share of carp, as well.

Good luck.... :cool:

charles
07-10-2014, 05:09 PM
Thanks for all the advice guys.

I've seen carp at Mather but none were I could cast to while they were feeding.

I've tried the canal behind frys in Natomas. The carp were cruising all over the place but none were feeding and my flies were just ignored.

I have also fished upper clementine but saw no carp, only caught a few small squawfish.

I really want to find a place with a shallow bay where I can see them feeding and get a fly to them.

I think I will try David's spot behind Home Depot.

Thanks again for all the advice guys.

Charlie Gonzales
07-11-2014, 07:04 PM
I know there are plenty in mather, check out the south end. There are lots in Hagan park too. The dredger ponds on Lake Natomas has plenty. I would say Folsom pond but it would be a long walk, unless they let you drive down to the water.

walthers
07-16-2014, 11:15 AM
Although it is not really in town, Camp Far West has a ton of carp in it. I have fished the North Recreation Area a bunch for spotted bass and there are carp back in all of the coves that roll. I have never tried to catch any of them but I have seen a bunch of them. Good luck.

Bitter Dave
07-20-2014, 12:32 PM
It's been a while, but I used to catch carp near Putah Creek where it ran though UC Davis. Take Old Davis Road south of the campus until you hit Putah Creek. I would imagine that there would also be carp at the Arboretum on campus, but I never tried fishing there (or even know if it's allowed).