PDA

View Full Version : Salt water fun

Chris Gearhart
07-03-2014, 02:20 PM
Well when my wife said she had to travel to Orlando for business and asked if I wanted to tag along I did a quick Google search and promptly said yes. My plan was to fish a couple of day on Mosquito Lagoon throwing flies to Tarpon, Redfish and Jack Trevalle. At the advice of my guide I spen one day on the lagoon and one day doing some inshore fishing off Cocoa Beach and Cape Canaveral. We did our best to score fish on the fly doing the inshore thing but finally trolled some bait and got a huge Redfish and nice Bonita.
We spent one day in the lagoon and my wife was able to join me that was nice. We got Jack Trevalle, Tarpon, Drumfish, Speckled Trout and Ladyfish. Great time!

On a different subject we did a day trip over to Tampa. Went to Ybor City, a Cuban district. Went to several cigar shops and watched some being rolled even smoked one right off the rolling table. Florida has some awesome cigar shops. I have a new cigar to add to my list of regulars Las Calaveras. Very good, if you like Don Pepin stuff you will like this.

I have some pretty cool pics on my site for anyone who wants to see some "salty critters"

Chris

Larry S
07-03-2014, 04:37 PM
Chris,
My parents retired to the Tampa area and when I would visit them, I would take my fly rod to Fort Desoto
on Mullet Key. Lots of smaller fish; snappers, red fish, etc., just wading. Great area for cigar aficionados.
Best to you,
Larry S