PDA

View Full Version : July 12 Native Sons Tour in Truckee Area

Frank R. Pisciotta
06-30-2014, 06:47 PM
As of today, there are spaces available for July 12th's Native Sons Tour in the Truckee area. Jon Biaocchi is the contact (www.baiocchistroutfitters.com). For an experienced angler it is a cost-effective way for an orientation to both the Truckee & Little Truckee rivers.

Here's a blurb from John's blog last May:

The Native Sons Fly Fishing Tours are designed to give fly anglers all they need to know to be successful when venturing onto these waters. Tour days will consist of access points, equipment, tactics, techniques, flies, entomology, and local inside knowledge.

Through our many years of guiding fly anglers in the Truckee and the Northern Sierra areas, both Frank Pisciotta and I have noticed a growing trend. Gaining knowledge of a fishery is more important than numbers of fish caught. Most of our experienced fly angling clients have either ventured to the area for the first time, or want a bit more familiarity with the local “wild trout” fisheries’ idiosyncracires and focusing on minimizing their “prospecting.” These fly anglers are concerned with four things they want to accomplish during their time on the Native Sons Fly Fishing Tours:

1-An orientation to access points of selected waters.

2-Most productive techniques.

3-Local bugs and their suggested fly patterns.

4-Optimum times to be on the water, seasonally.

FranK R. Pisciotta

Jimmie
06-30-2014, 07:24 PM
I did this last year with Framk and Jon and it was GREAT!! I highly recommend it. A great way to,learn the rivers access points, how t o fish various areas and the opportunity to fish with two of the best guides in the region--and very personable guys to boot.

Troutstalker55B
07-03-2014, 09:06 AM
I did this last year with Framk and Jon and it was GREAT!! I highly recommend it. A great way to,learn the rivers access points, how t o fish various areas and the opportunity to fish with two of the best guides in the region--and very personable guys to boot.

Thanks for the kind words Jimmie! We sure do have a great time sharing the knowledge, and I get a real kick listening to Frank about some of the lost history on the Truckee area. I hope to see you soon! - J.

Frank R. Pisciotta
07-07-2014, 06:45 AM
There is one more space available for the July 12 Truckee Native Sons Tour. This is an all-inclusive orientation to effectively fly fishing the Truckee area.

Frank R. Pisciotta

Frank R. Pisciotta
07-20-2014, 12:39 PM
Our July 12 Native Sons Tours was a great success and informative venture for all involved. Both Jon and I are receiving fabulous, positive feed-back about the tour's format and insightful info provided. Remember, the tours currently have two venues; one in the Truckee area (big Truckee and Little Truckee) and also MF Feather area further north around the hamlet of Greagle.

We have started a list of those interested for the 2015 NST events; so contact Jon at www.baiocchistroutfitters.com or myself at cyberfy@cyberfly.com if interested and want further info.

Frank R. Pisciotta