PDA

View Full Version : Yuba river access at Hwy 20 bridge?

Gregg
06-24-2014, 12:09 AM
Surprised I remembered my password to this forum :/

Hit they Y this eve for a couple hours, super slow fishing even with a pretty decent number of bugs in the water. Water temp was about 60. Noticed that the west side of the river downstream of the bridge is covered in no trespassing signs now...weren't there a couple months ago. This something new? Some land owner all bent about people walking through to fish? I know this had to be discussed already, but looked and didn't see anything. Not trying to get a gun pulled on me by some bored redneck, but I've stuck a bunch of fish over there over the years...

roywest
06-24-2014, 08:59 PM
Sorry to be dense, but which is the "west" side?

JasonB
06-24-2014, 09:04 PM
Sorry to be dense, but which is the "west" side?

Thank you for asking, I was wondering the same thing but I was too lazy to bust out the maps...
JB

Gregg
06-24-2014, 10:30 PM
Downstream of bridge, highway side. Other side is BLM property. I'm talking about the quarry side (sun sets on this side).

Gregg
06-27-2014, 07:24 PM
http://imageshack.com/a/img819/186/uqf.gif (https://imageshack.com/i/mruqfg)

Ralph
06-28-2014, 08:10 AM
Hi Gregg-
I don't know the answer to your question, but the standard way of describing a specific side of the river is "river right" or "river left" as you are facing downstream. At Hwy 20 bridge the Yuba flows due west, hence the confusion when you ask about the west bank. At the bridge the sun currently sets to the north of the river, come December it will be setting a bit south of it.

Mike O
06-29-2014, 06:14 AM
On the Marysville/Brown's Valley side, people have posted about someone putting up no trespassing signs and the legality of such signs under the bridge. No one has tested it and posted to my knowledge, people have just driven across and parked on the gravel. I think someone posted that the signage was put up by someone who hopes to limit access as a money maker (guide?) but am not sure...

Bob Loblaw
06-30-2014, 11:39 AM
Apparently its one property owner, just downstream from the bridge, who is putting up the signs and he has had confrontations with anglers. If you stay below the high watermark and don't access the river through his property, you can tell him to go to hell...but anyone crazy enough to put up signs and yell at people might be crazy enough to go a step further. I just avoid that section.

left field
06-30-2014, 03:17 PM
That must be the guy who drive his quad down to where I was standing in the water and turned it around at the river's edge, then gunned it sending a spray of gravel and water over me.