PDA

View Full Version : fathers day fun

Brendo
06-16-2014, 05:08 PM
I asked my dad what he wanted to do for fathers day and to my surprise he asked to go fishing with me and my Brother. He had found a nice looking spot in the Rubicon area with his 4 wheeling club last year and has been patiently waiting to fish it since. we headed out and found a nice creek on the way that looked way to fishy not to try. pops felt a little intimidated by all the willows and brush that lined the skinny water so he let me and my brother go at it for a few minutes. After a few cast's and a few fish we set off again for the Rubicon with hopes of finding the bigger guys. we passed another nice looking creek before reaching our destination. Once there i began rigging up dads rod when he informed me that he only wanted to fish dries. the weather was perfect and it only took a few cast's to find we wouldn't be needing much more than a small parachute Caddis and a couple ant patterns. after about an hour at the Rubicon we decided to head back and fish the small creek we passed on the way in. It was an amazing drainage with plenty of fish for all of us to keep busy. spring creeks are my absolute favorite type of water to fish and i couldn't think of a better way to spend a day with my Dad and Brother.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-16-2014, 05:44 PM
I think that it is so cool that they will probably never be able to wreck the high country......thanks.

Brendo
06-16-2014, 06:15 PM
There will always be unspoiled water for those with tough feet and lifted jeeps!