PDA

View Full Version : Silver Creek, Wolf Creek, EC

ABaccari
06-16-2014, 11:35 AM
Headed up to the Markleeville area for a weekend of camping/fishing. Wondering if anybody knew how Silver Creek, Wolf Creek and EC were fishing? Haven't fished this area before. Any suggestions on flies where we should explore first are appreciated. I’ll be camping at the Silver Creek Campground off of HWY 4. Thanks!

-Anthony

baldeagleflyfishing
06-16-2014, 12:52 PM
Was up there tues and thurs last week and fished Markleville Crk., Silver Crk, EF and Wf Carson and got fish on each, EF was a little colored but fished it off Wolf Creek Rd and picked up an 18+ on tues, but wind was howling on thurs so I fished WF between Sorenson's and Woodford's and largest was 20"

RaffiB
06-16-2014, 12:57 PM
Abaccari

Sent a PM

ABaccari
06-23-2014, 04:01 PM
Thanks for all the helpful feedback. Started off Friday afternoon on Wolf Creek. Landed 14 Browns and 1 rainbow on a PMX. Finished off the afternoon on the EC just up stream from the Carson Resort. Landed another nice rainbow with a PMX. The water on the EC was very warm. almost felt like bath water.

On Saturday we fished the west carson just downstream from sorensen's resort. Landed a couple rainbows on a Royal Wolf. Fished another section across from the Hope Valley Campground. Landed another 10 small browns with a parachute adams. As we headed back to our campground around 7pm, we fished the EC just upstream from hangman's bridge. Had the whole river to ourselves. Landed another couple rainbows on a parachute. had a bunch of fish rise on my yellow stimulator but couldn't land any of them. I think i was too tired by that point...

Great weekend of fishing. Just fun to be out there with my dad.