PDA

View Full Version : A big big thank you to all who bought books for Shig

Scott V
06-16-2014, 10:14 AM
I just wanted to personally thank everyone that bought a book with the proceeds going to Shig's family. It is nice to see so many people willing to share to help out others in a time of need. It is greatly appreciated and I know Shig is smiling down on all of us for being so caring.

And a huge thank you to Larry for putting this all together. Without him, none of this could have happened and I will always be thankful for what you have done. My door and time will always be open to you! Thank you very much sir, you are a true gentlemen.

I have already given Diana, Shig's wife some of the money and will be taking her more this week. She is very grateful and was surprised when I told her what Larry was doing. She did not expect anything like this, and it is the happy surprise's in life that help to bring a smile to one's face.

God bless everyone

Larry S
06-16-2014, 04:04 PM
Scott,
Want to add my words of thanks to the Kiene members that "bought" into our plan. All books ordered have been
shipped; still some items available for a few more days.

I'm reading Martin Dugard's "The Explorers" which is about the Englishmen Burton and Speke and their search
for the source of the river Nile. He describes the seven vital traits that all true explorers share; curiosity, hope,
passion, courage, independence, self-discipline, and perseverance. I believe that Scott(SHig) had these traits
coursing through his veins and was a true, intrepid explorer.
Best to all,
Larry S