PDA

View Full Version : spent some time in the 108 area...

Brendo
06-10-2014, 12:43 AM
its funny how a week can turn in to ten days when cold water, perfect weather, and eager fish surround you, although i don't think my boss is laughing as much as i am :cool:. spent a lot of time trying to get some friends back into the long rods after they lost their way bait casting for bass. luckily everyone caught some fish and it seems the spark has been re-lit. the water is dropping and clearing, although a few thunderstorms mid week changed that for a day. saw a tun of caddis, lots of midge action, and what looked to me to be huge salmon flies; surprising because i've never seen em up there before:confused:. I only seined the water once and midge larvae dominated the netting with a few larger mayfly's thrown in. spent 90% of the time nymphing but the dry fly fishing was also good. my buddy caught a 25 inch hatchery spawner....what a flop. it swam 3 circles in a small area than basically swam to the net. the aggressive stocking in this area seems to have culminated in a circus of salmon eggs around kennedy meadows. i have never seen so many people fishing this water...found myself packing out a lot of trash this year but i also met some pretty nice people as well....ups and downs, gutters and strikes. going to try and make it back up a few more times before my big move to montana in july. until then its back to the bass.