PDA

View Full Version : The Upper Sac has been pretty good!

cyama
05-27-2014, 10:24 PM
I have been working up in Redding and able to fish the Upper Sac after work. The Golden Stone hatch is going on and is one of those hatches you have to see. Big bugs in size 6 and fish grabbing them up. Some areas you need to get out the Rubberlegs, but there is no better sight than having a fish slam a big stimi on top! I met Steve Bertrand last week and he said during the day the fishing is better. He's fishing the little yellow stone hatch with a yellow humpy.

EricO
05-28-2014, 10:17 AM
Agreed cyama. My wife and I went up this past Friday night and fished Sat and Sunday. Brought some
to the surface Sat night with stimmies and humpys. Did catch a few on a light olive sparkle dun.

For nymphs I used a pink soft hackle, pheasant tails and black rubberlegs (caught a healthy 16" on the rubberlegs).

There are TONS of stonefly shucks on the rocks. Saw some goldens fly about, only one salmonfly and one
green drake that landed on my lantern in the evening. Super caddis hatch around 6pm but not one rise.
Go figure.

EO

yubaman
05-28-2014, 01:18 PM
Chris,

You said after work? With the amount of sunlight in those pictures, it looks more like lunchtime, or maybe happy hour?!!!!