PDA

View Full Version : Flow going up on Lower American River.....

Bill Kiene semi-retired
05-23-2014, 09:26 PM
Please make the following release changes to the American River:

Date Time From (cfs) To (cfs)

05/28/2014 0100 1750 2000

Comment: Delta Requirements

Issued by: Randi Field

Finsane
05-26-2014, 06:37 PM
Way back in the day, when we were in drought conditions, and the American was running low, Memorial Day Weekend was the big influx of Shad due to the fact that the river level was raised for rafting. (at least that's what we thought. Who knows, maybe it was for delta water quality now that I think about it) Regardless, the same is happening again now, flows have more than doubled in the last week and a half. This may draw new fish into the system.

Mr.Matt
05-26-2014, 09:01 PM
Hopefully!

Jeff C.
05-26-2014, 09:11 PM
Got my fingers crossed!

winxp_man
05-26-2014, 11:09 PM
The way I see it..... Seems like the ElNieno storm is being depended on big time! I'm gonna ask this what if it does not happen???? They seem to be draining lots and lots of water out of a lake in a place where we are having a drought. Hope there will be enough water to let out for salmon and steelhead season.

Just saying. I understand its nice to have this water come down river for more shad (I do love getting some shad) but what happens when we will not have enough for later? I just check and its showing 4k water flow out of the lake.

Just an opinion and idea.

bassakwards
05-29-2014, 05:49 PM
there is a good chance they are releasing flow to clean up Lake Natoma, they are having a big rowing event soon and with no flow the water was looking bad.