PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for your feedback.......it really helps.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
05-23-2014, 08:04 AM
I want to thank the veteran fly fishers and local guides who post reports here so others, new to the sport of fly fishing or new to a part of the sport, can get some idea what is going on and what to do.

I really am grateful to the active anglers like Jeff C, Scott V, David Lee, Aaron, Mar, and many other "good guys" who are up here weekly, generously reporting in so some of the new comers or occasional anglers can get some help.

We also have some quality local guides who report their findings which is also good info. Most of these guides are my personal friends that have been asked by me to post some info here, when they can.

I am usually posting what I can too from many decades of being involved in this wonderful sport to help mostly the new comers so they can have a chance to catch something.

I promote "prime time" fishing more than anything else. If you can be at a good fishery when it is supposed to be good, then you might have a chance to catch something, even if you are not a skilled fly fisher, yet.

I also promote the guides I know, who have worked hard for a long time to get people connected to fish and have a good time. Most usually learn some good technique from these top guides that they can use for the rest of their lives.

I guess some of the really advanced anglers who come here could get tired of reading my stuff but honestly I am not writing it for them.

My job is to try to improve people fly fishing experience and that is what I try to do here.

Thanks to all who come here to read and thanks especially to those who post.

We are kind of shocked and very happy too that we have one of the most popular fly fishing message boards.

It is only possible because of all of you coming here......

gene goss
05-23-2014, 09:52 AM
Bill i like to thank you for the forum, with 294 threads on the forum i have made some good friends over the years i been on it....the people on this form helped me to become a better fly fisher, and through my posts i hope that i helped a few people to become a better fly fisher.
I also have notice that the posts on your forum has slowed down, don't know why....but there is a lot of place's to post info. now....most fly clubs have a web. site, facebook is so easy to post things, and most guides have a blog, etc.

Scott V
05-28-2014, 01:16 PM
Bill,
I am thankful for this site and your friendship. I have meet so many great and wonderful people in the fly fishing world. But I must say that it was people like Jeff Ching, Ed Wahl, David Lee, Gene Goss, Charlie Gonzales, the list goes on and on that took me under their wing and taught me a ton, and to them I am very thankful. And to Charlie espeically, I am very sorry for the stupidty that broke up our friendship. I will always be thankful to you and all you have taught me. And I hope to some day once again call you my friend. And for those that don't understand what I am talking about with Charlie, don't even ask.

SeanO
05-28-2014, 10:10 PM
Bill, I enjoy your forum and I take more than I give, for sure.

This place is a great meeting of minds for the fish of this state, and the water which they need. I learn something every time on click over here whether it is a good fish pic or something about water distribution in California.

Long live Kiene's...

Thank you,