PDA

View Full Version : Truckee Area Guide Suggestion & Fishing Report!

Bryce Tedford
05-20-2014, 01:21 PM
Guide Suggestion: Fished with Brian Slusser of Four Seasons Fly Fishing & we had a blast! We fished lakes, Bocas & 3 different rivers in the Truckee area over 2 days & found fish on every piece of water we fished this weekend. For anyone looking for a guide in the Truckee area, Brian is a pleasure to fish with, has vast knowledge of the area & an arsenal of different water to fish depending on the season & what the Angler is looking for. Brian is proficient in various styles of fishing including dry fly techniques, various nymphing techniques, spey fishing techniques & has multiple boats opening up a ton of water in the area. In addition, Brian is a Certified casting instructor so he can help you with all sorts of casting & fishing instruction. If you are looking to learn/explore/fish the Truckee area I would suggest you contact Brian Slusser at Four Seasons fly fishing & Book a trip. You can book Brian through Kienes Fly Shop as he is one of the shops expert guides in the area!

Fishing Report As I said above, we caught fish in every piece of water we fished. The best part for me was every fish I personally stuck was on a dry fly! Depending on the water we fished, fish were keyed in on PMD's, Blue Wing Olives, Lg Ant patterns & Midges to name a few. As for nymphing, we put droppers off our dry flies including sz 12-18 Pheasant Tails, Brassies, Prince nymphs & so forth. For any of your fly or fly tying needs, I would highly suggest visiting Kiene's Fly Shop before you go!

http://www.flyfishingtruckee-tahoe.com/

Following are a few pics from our successful trip, Cheers!!!!!

jayclarkflyfishing
05-20-2014, 05:02 PM
Nice report Bryce! Brian is always a pleasure to fish, work and hang out with. He has been a great help to me in furthering my career as a guide as well as learning to row. Glad you had a great time!

Jay

Dan LeCount
05-20-2014, 05:22 PM
Back when we had the Truckee River Outfitters fly shop, whenever we had overflow, Brian was the first guide we called. A great guide and one of the most versatile in the area. Thanks for sharing your good times!

Terry Thomas
05-21-2014, 07:49 AM
Have fished with Brian on several occasions and always had a good experience.