PDA

View Full Version : Things are starting too change

Baja Fly Fisher
05-18-2014, 03:40 PM
Went out with the new group and it was kinda of a replay from Friday. The two guys I was with today traveled all the way from Germany. Once we got a few baits, we or I should say they were into dorado. The first dorado landed was 14/15lbs, nice first for his first fish of that size. The second fish was around 16lbs another nice fish. These two guys had fished in Cabo last week and only had a jack and sierra. They were telling me that there was no comparison in captains. The one in cabo had no idea about fly fishing but was suppose to be real good…. We've all heard that story before. The rest of the day was catching and releasing a lot of small size dorado. I lost count… Must of been a lot of work, one of the guys fell asleep in the seat and we weren't even moving.
Steve has a new partner the next two weeks. Joan is taking the week off and resting before heading for home.
Richard is the new fishing partner. He comes from Savannah, GA. This isn't his first time around the block.
Steve caught two decent size dorado, one in the 20's+ and the other one was 18lbs. He also caught a pompano today. Richard is still warming up. I'm going out with them tomorrow and hopefully get video of Richard pulling on some dorado. Ballyhoo is still the bait of choice, the only choice.
Heard there were some big roosters caught yesterday in the 60 to 70lb range. They were caught trolling lady fish. We didn't see any roosters today.
Gotta run and down load some video. I'll report tomorrow

Hot (106 degrees) and very slight breeze. The waters were actually like glass

Jay

Flyboy_AK
05-19-2014, 06:00 PM
Good report Jay! See you Saturday.