PDA

View Full Version : Calling Friends of Bill Carnazzo

TaylerW
05-14-2014, 09:55 PM
Hey all,

Im trying to find out if the book bill was working on is being published, or if it fell through the cracks after his passing. the guys at the shop and i have some interesting ideas on finishing the book as a tribute to him and adding some memories of fishing with bill. I never had the chance to meet bill more than in passing, which makes me sad as i can feel his footsteps on the water i have been fishing.

this may be a shot in the dark, but i figured this would be a good place to start

TW

JasonB
05-15-2014, 09:03 AM
That would be great to see, I'd love to have his book. I only had a few brief meetings and discussions with Bill, but those left a pretty big impression on me. Quite the depth of knowledge in that mans head, I'm sure most of would find things to learn from his book.
JB

Gregg Machel
05-16-2014, 09:08 AM
Has anyone contacted his wife? I think Bill Kiene knows how to get in contact.

k.hanley
05-16-2014, 03:13 PM
Tayler and crew,

Bill had asked me to write the introduction to his book. I was honored to do that. His contract was with Headwaters Books & Stackpole Press. At the time of the contract Bill hadn't yet formalized his manuscript. He was working on that with his publisher.

I was contacted by Bill's family originally and asked about how his work could be completed and printed. At that time I suggested that they contact his publisher directly and see what the contract detailed about ownership of the material.

I believe Richard Anderson with California Fly Fisher Magazine had made some arrangement to print Bill's work (via a series of articles). CFF has already run an excellent article with the work from Bill's project.

I miss Bill and his camaraderie deeply. He was a terrific friend, and as you have noted a guy with quite a vision of the canyon trout game. He was truly a master at his craft.

Respectfully, Ken