PDA

View Full Version : Sunrise Ave 6pm Saturday May 10 Bill Lowe Get Together

TaylerW
05-06-2014, 05:43 PM
Not sure if anyone can make it, but I will be sitting on the bank of the american above the footbridge where bill taught me to spey cast on this coming saturday evening. It would be a great time to send our friend off in one of the places he loved and shared with so many.

Hope to see some of you there.

TW

Lorvamp
05-06-2014, 07:23 PM
Not sure if anyone can make it, but I will be sitting on the bank of the american above the footbridge where bill taught me to spey cast on this coming saturday evening. It would be a great time to send our friend off in one of the places he loved and shared with so many.

TW

What happened to Bill Lowe. He was. Great fly fishing guide and person.

Loretta Strickland

TaylerW
05-06-2014, 08:25 PM
Loretta, all that I know is that bill passed of a heart attack yesterday evening. Extremely sad news. I remember sitting next to him at the show eating the chocolate with bacon you gave is!

Brendo
05-06-2014, 10:38 PM
Kind of in shock... when i was 11 years old my dad finally broke down after a year of begging and got me a guided trip down the Yuba with Bill. It was 2 days after a storm and the river was high, i had 2 looks on a dry fly but no takers. Bill did everything he could to put me on fish and had so many great stories i don't remember being bored all day. He gave me my foundation casting skills and sparked my passion For fly fishing. That was 10 years ago, and every year since i have told myself id take another trip with Bill. Not setting up another float has now become a great regret. That one day with Bill had a profound effect on the direction of my life. my love of the outdoors, obsession with fly fishing, and a decision to pursue studies in aquatic wildlife biology can all in some way be traced to that single float with Bill. If he affected me so greatly and never even knew, i cannot imagine the type of impact he made on others. He will not be forgotten.

Lorvamp
05-07-2014, 10:16 AM

TW

What are the directions to this footbridge? I will be coming from oakland and bringing some of Bills' favorite chocolates to share.

Loretta

David Lee
05-07-2014, 10:59 AM
Highway 50 East , get off on Sunrise . Take Sunrise North , just before you get to Sunrise Bridge , take a Right . You will see the old Fair Oaks Bridge on the South side of the River , park there .

D.~

Terry Thomas
05-07-2014, 08:58 PM
Humm. I believe Taylor was talking about the other side of the river. Bill did his classes at Sacramento Bar...the access off of Pennsylvania Ave. Same directions as David said except go across the bridge. The first light is Fair Oaks. Turn left and go up the hill and turn left again on Pennsylvania. Take Penn down to the river and you will see the pedestrian bridge. There is a $5.00 access fee.
T.

David Lee
05-10-2014, 08:23 PM
A beautiful Evening out there , and many shared memories -

D.~

tbiglin1@gmail.com
05-11-2014, 07:27 AM
Nice to meet a few of you there, My son (Caleb) and I enjoyed spending time next to the river sharing stories about Bill, Thanks

Mark Kranhold
05-11-2014, 09:50 AM
Great conversations and stories of Bill made last night a special time! It was nice to put names to faces from the board members and hear how you all met and new Bill. Thanks for good memories and good times.

Charlie Gonzales
05-11-2014, 11:12 AM
Wish I could have been there. The River just wont be the same with out Billy on it. Love that man!