PDA

View Full Version : Watch out for gas siphoning on the American River

Fish Guru
05-01-2014, 03:11 PM
Heads up out there guys, came out of the trees after a quick morning session to find some lowlife POS siphoning the gas out of my truck. This was at around 7:05, in broad daylight and in plain sight. He parked his late 80's blue S-10 extended cab right next to my truck and was working on filling up a few empty tanks that he had. He was a white male, looked to be in his 50's, and was pretty quick. As soon as I saw him, i yelled some choice things to him and started to close the gap, but he threw his gas cans in his truck and burned out of there before I could get to him. The burnout in the gravel caused so much dust that I couldn't get his license number. He took about 5-8 gallons I'd say, and the worst part is that for some reason he cut my gas cap off of the little wire and took that too?
Keep on the lookout out there guys, and if your gas seems lower than you remembered when you get in your rig, this is why.

SeanO
05-01-2014, 04:49 PM
Scum...

Sorry to hear that.

I've heard of people leaving gas cans in the back of their pickups with gas + water as "bait". Not sure how effective that is though.

Frank Alessio
05-01-2014, 05:20 PM
Gas & water....& too bad lead has been Outlawed in California....

winxp_man
05-01-2014, 07:05 PM
I would not have yelled :) sneak up on the pos and write down the plate # before he can take off ;) either way there are some low life's out there that will get into cars or take gas.

Recently I was getting my stuff together and this guy passed by (looked like a river camper) and it kind of freaked me out have in to leave some stuff behind. So I waited to see if he would come by again which he did then I peeped my alarm as I locked the doors to how him I gots my stuff on lock down!

Either way it's good to have a locking key cap it will keep the people out if they want gas or like my Subi it has a gas door but only opens from the inside.

Sorry to hear this guru good thing he didn't bust widows or worse.

Randy Lee
05-01-2014, 08:07 PM
Hey, Does anybody want to buy some cheap gas? I,ve had gas, equipment, and tools ripped off. At least you saw somebody in the middle of the act, instead of thinking you car had a fuel leak, so you can be relieved(semi silver lining). The worst part about thefts while your fishing is that that the act down grades, to put it lightly, the religous experience of flyfishing.
If I said try electric they would go for your batteries, so...
Sorry this happened to you.
Randy

STEELIES/26c3
05-01-2014, 09:38 PM
Ironic

While I was fishing adjacent to an AR access this morning, I thought about whether or not my truck was safe back in the parking lot.. and then I got your call... and figured, my truck was either safe because it wasn't where yours was OR... it was NEXT, eGADS!$#@%^!

Sorry bout that Benny, I'll keep an eye out for that S-10 and its low-life owner (?) now.

JoeFin
05-02-2014, 03:44 PM
I'm going up tomorrow morning

Personally I would have snuck up on him and hucked a rock threw his windshield and seen where it went from there.

Is diesel safe