PDA

View Full Version : Corti Brothers fine grocery store & deli on Folsom Blvd......

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-26-2014, 12:21 PM
......has great sandwiches for anglers.

The huge Corti Special sandwich is only $4.99 because they cut all the ends of there meats into a variety selection but you get to pick the bread, cheese and commandants.

They also have my favorite, a sliced cold beef tongue sand which on light rie bread with Swiss cheese and mustard...........yahoo

I use to get this years ago in Town & Country Village at Brothers Deli.......gone now......sad.

Mark Kranhold
04-26-2014, 01:16 PM
Love the corti special, all the good Italian meats. That sandwich is big enough for a day on the water ! Eat half around 11 and finish her off later in the day. Great meat at the butcher counter as well.

Tony Buzolich
04-26-2014, 02:09 PM
Farther in also on Folsom Blvd. nearer the cemetery there used to be the Quality Market that had a great deli for sandwichs also. I remember the meatball sandwich on a hoagie type roll with sause all over the place dripping down your arm as you ate it.

I remember Bros. Deli too. I'd drop in there for lunch and have kanish ? sp.? kind of a rolled up ball thing with potatoes, onions, and I'm not sure what kind of meat it was, but it was good.
Tony

Darian
04-26-2014, 02:34 PM
Can't eat much of that kind of stuff any longer but I recall the Brothers Deli quite well. Mainly a Jewish deli. Since it went out, there've been no Jewish Deli's to replace it in the mid-town/E-sac area. Now, there're several Italian deli's around here. Corti's and Sampino's are among the best, IMO. Recently, Corti's has been producing veggie and lamb Samosa's and some great curried veggy stew, as well and I can eat those. All great stuff.... :cool:

TaylerW
04-26-2014, 04:25 PM
I thought I was the only one who liked the sliced tongue! Adalbertos lengua burrito is no slouch either

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-26-2014, 06:41 PM
Cool.....

Authentic Mexican restaurants have chicken, beef and port plus beef tongue and beef cheeks.....yahoo.

Mike Stroud
04-28-2014, 09:21 AM
Indeed Bill! A capicola & mortadella sandwich with fresh ricotta is hard to beat! Old school italian!

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-28-2014, 01:32 PM
Thanks stroud.....I might have to try that one.