PDA

View Full Version : Getting a young one started

Tony Buzolich
04-18-2014, 01:20 PM
I've got a grandson that's three and a half years old that needs to start catching bluegills, sunfish, perch, etc. I want to get him out to a small pond or ditch somewhere with a good old fashioned bobber and worm and hopefully keep him entertained for more than a few minutes.

Any recommendations for a place to go in the north area or Woodland?
Thanks, Grandpa Tony :)

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-18-2014, 01:37 PM
You might try the Arden Pond/William B Pond at the east end of Arden Way?

Ed Wahl
04-18-2014, 05:10 PM
The Sutter Bypass bridge on the west side of the Sutter Wildlife Area has always been good for that. Easy access too.
Ed

Larry S
04-18-2014, 05:14 PM
Tony,
Sent you a PM.
Best,
Larry S

Darian
04-19-2014, 07:16 PM
Tony,.... How about the Afterbay, One Mile Pond and others in the Feather River Wildlife Area Or Camp Far West Reservoir, in addition to those already mentioned??? Lake Berryessa??? There must be a bunch of ponds around the Dredger tailings near the Western Aggregates area that might be open to Bass/Bluegill fishing. BLM has control of some land around that area. Check it out on-line.

http://www.blm.gov/

Some of these ponds can be walked around, others require a boat/pram. I know you and your grandson are going to have a great time. :cool:

Nor*Cal
04-25-2014, 12:16 PM
Hey Tony, if you're thinking Woodland, you have to hit the toedrain/ Lisbon slough. Its right outside of woodland.

Tony Buzolich
04-25-2014, 12:51 PM
Thanks Juan,

I knew it well as a kid. Never heard it called "the Toe Drain" before. It's a big deal on the NCCC C&R.
Tony