PDA

View Full Version : Lower Yuba River: Car break-in at Parks Bar Bridge

Mark Z
04-17-2014, 10:42 AM
Just a heads up...my car got vandalized Sunday while it was parked next under the Parks Bar Bridge off of Hwy 20 on Sunday. The only items stolen were a cooler and blue jean jacket, but the front passenger window was broken and the door damaged.

I know this is expected from time to time, but very frustrating regardless. Ruined an otherwise good day with good pale dun and March Brown action.

Mark Z

Mr T
04-17-2014, 11:25 AM
Thanks for the heads up- one of the main reasons I stopped fishing the yuba is for just this.....

yubaman
04-17-2014, 02:05 PM
Please be sure to report this to the Yuba County SHeriff's Dept. They will follow upon this. Most break-in's there go unreported and they have no clue when this occurs. I got hit there about 4 years ago on Memorial Day, and upon hearing that it would take 3-4 hours for a deputry to make it out on Memorial Day, decided to head home. I called back Tuesday moring and reported via phone. They took a report and followed up a couple of times over the next month.

They called about 6 weeks later to let me know that they had caught the thieves in progress! So, these reports do help the situation in the long run.

Lance Gray
04-17-2014, 02:35 PM
Please be sure to report this to the Yuba County SHeriff's Dept. They will follow upon this. Most break-in's there go unreported and they have no clue when this occurs. I got hit there about 4 years ago on Memorial Day, and upon hearing that it would take 3-4 hours for a deputry to make it out on Memorial Day, decided to head home. I called back Tuesday moring and reported via phone. They took a report and followed up a couple of times over the next month.

They called about 6 weeks later to let me know that they had caught the thieves in progress! So, these reports do help the situation in the long run.

You're right. Please report the break ins. I had the same experience years ago. The Yuba County SO was great. Actually got my rod back that I left in the car.

Number one rule - leave nothing in view for them to see and park with other cars - that helps also.