PDA

View Full Version : tubing lake camanche with a friend

Brendo
04-03-2014, 05:24 PM
I have never been to Camanche or fished a lake of this size before. my main plan is to throw a few streamer patterns and maybe throw some top water if its warm enough. does anyone have any experience with this lake? any general advice on fly selection? I have floating line and some full sinking line but nothing in between, should i invest in a few sinking leaders? Ill be heading out on sunday.

Ed Wahl
04-03-2014, 07:10 PM
I've got no Camanche advice but if you're gonna fish lakes you will need an intermediate line. Once I bought one it quickly became my go to line on most lakes. I use the others as well but by far the slime line gets the most use.
Ed

SHigSpeed
04-03-2014, 08:22 PM
I have never been to Camanche or fished a lake of this size before. my main plan is to throw a few streamer patterns and maybe throw some top water if its warm enough. does anyone have any experience with this lake? any general advice on fly selection? I have floating line and some full sinking line but nothing in between, should i invest in a few sinking leaders? Ill be heading out on sunday.
I think Scott V will be there Sunday. You should try to hook up
with him - he'll show you the ropes.

_SHig

Scott V
04-04-2014, 09:45 AM
I'll be camping on the north shore Saturday thru Tuesday.

I'll be using an intermediate line for trout, and as for the bass I take a type 4 and type 8 line, plus top water and intermediate. Not sure where the bass will be, but I am assuming some will be on beds, some will be heading to beds and some will be coming off beds. I throw streamers for bass, in the 4 to 6 inch range. You just have to work all depths to find them. With this weather we are having, who knows what will be happening. But I feel it is going to be a good time to hit the lake.

Brendo
04-04-2014, 12:31 PM
Scott V thanks a bunch! I am just glad i'll be out bobbin in the lake. hopefully ill have some fish to report back on. have a good weekend.

Brendo
04-06-2014, 09:57 PM
Got out there pretty early this morning on the south end of the lake. fished the main lake for an hour but didn't get any bites or looks so a buddy mentioned hitting a pond we saw on the way in. things started out pretty slow. scared a nice bass off her bed getting into my float tube and the only other action i saw before lunch was another pretty nice bass swimming circles around my tube. after lunch i walked to a smaller pond right next to the one we fished all morning. i switched over to a foam and chartreuse marabou popper and started making my way around the pond. After i began to lose hope for my popper i finally got the explosion i was looking for, although a smaller version. i had one fish for the day but missed a few other bites. my buddy brought his array of bait casters and caught 3, one being a really nice 3 lb'er. All in all a great spring day.

Scott V
04-08-2014, 06:30 PM
Had a great 4 days on the lake. Got some real big fish, nothing small. No big numbers but the quality made up for it. Saw a couple well over 10 pounds. Even had one sit right under me and just watch as I floated by. We didn't fish any beds because I don't fish beds. But found plenty just out side the beds in a little deeper water. Craig even got a carp.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-08-2014, 08:56 PM
This series of posts is a great example of how cool this message board an be.