PDA

View Full Version : WTB Transom Mount Trolling Motor

TaylerW
03-26-2014, 07:25 PM
Looking for a transom mount trolling motor for my drift boat, using it in small lakes searching for bass and browns. Looking for 35lb thrust and higher....

Please pm if you have one in decent condition you are looking to get rid of!

briansII
03-26-2014, 09:31 PM
PM sent

briansII

bassakwards
03-27-2014, 09:12 AM
Unless you get a good price buy new, Minn Kota is offering rebates http://www.minnkotamotors.com/products/promotions.aspx. I was looking around also and seeing people ask for more than new. Going to try out the Endura Max 45 with the $20 rebate, using Amazon Prime I'll get it in 2 days, delivered.

JAWallace
03-27-2014, 09:27 AM
The Endura Max will cost almost twice as much, but if you're using it for an extended trip or heavy day use it's worth it because it will last so much longer on the same battery charge. I have three motors, only one uses Minn Kota's Endura Max (previously called Maximizer) technology, and it's good for at least twice the amp hours over the others. The variable speed is great too, especially if you get lazy and just want to troll for a bit. I admit I do that on the Delta on occasion while taking a lunch break.

I would just get the 55#. I use it on my Scadden Renegade and on my glass skiff, works great for both. You may actually use less amps with a higher thrust motor as you're usually dialed down pretty low unless you're moving to a new spot.