PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Pyramid Report

Pimpinmeat
03-24-2014, 09:23 PM
Fished Sat and Sun with very different results. Sat was slow all day for everyone fishing. We had a tournament with about 50 people and everyone was lucky to get one. It was a full release tourney with a measuring system and we only had 20 fish entered. Very slow all day at Pelican for all fishing there. I landed one fish at 6:30pm, tourney ended at 7:00pm(cut that one close) and then 2 more before dark. Lots of wind coming right into the beach, thought it would be a great day but it wasn't. Sun was a totally different deal. Got up and hit the water at 6:00am, lots of fish rolling. Stuck 1 early and then went dead for about one hour. I was all alone at Pelican with only one other guy down the beach from me. I started noticing lots of chasers but not a lot of biters. Changed my strip speed and cadence with a little different technique. Went on a tear while everyone was packing it up and landed 14 fish in a couple hours and was home by noon. All my fish were caught stripping with several grabs and LDR's. None on the indo for me but we all know the strip bite is better and more fun. I planning on doing it again this weekend no matter what the weather is doing.

lando
03-25-2014, 09:30 AM
Thanks for the reports. Headed up there tomorrow with a group of friends. Can't wait.

SHigSpeed
03-25-2014, 10:15 AM
Yup, day to day that lake can be an evil tease! My friends had 30+ fish days on Friday so of course I get skunked when I join them for Saturday. Of course...

With this weather moving it it should definitely be interesting with a chance of ridiculous catching if you get the wind add current going in your favor.

Be careful out there!

_SHig

DevinPreston
03-25-2014, 04:22 PM
Good to know they are hitting the strip can't wait!!!

Pimpinmeat
03-25-2014, 06:19 PM
I guess Friday was ridiculous for everyone. It figures it would be the day a tournament. I'm glad I decided to stay the night because it was totally worth freezing my ass off in the back of my truck. I will be there on Sat if anyone wants to hit me up to fish. I will probably fish Pelican the whole day.