PDA

View Full Version : spent some time on a neighbors pond this weekend.

Brendo
03-24-2014, 12:27 PM
spent the weekend looking for trout and smallmouth in the auburn/foresthill area but by saturday i was really hurting from all the hiking. After only two refusals from some pretty nice fish, i decided i needed to phone a friend. luckily a neighbor offered some work in exchange for some private pond time and after a few hours i was in bass fly heaven. I threw a few different streamers and almost anything would get a bite, but after a fish was caught they would go to the deep for awhile. It was a near perfect sunday out in the spring air.

Bob G
03-24-2014, 03:03 PM
Great pictures!

Nor*Cal
04-25-2014, 12:19 PM
That second and third one are some big mamas! great job! I have yet to catch a largemouth on the fly but I know its coming soon!

Scott V
04-25-2014, 12:50 PM
That second and third one are some big mamas! great job! I have yet to catch a largemouth on the fly but I know its coming soon!

Get out now to any pond. I was on a private large pond Wednesday and caught over 20 bass, with more than 10 on top water. Bass are on right now everywhere.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-25-2014, 05:42 PM
There are thousands of private ponds with millions of lonely bass and pan fish in California.

All you need is a connection to the land owners.