PDA

View Full Version : Healdsburg area.

wineslob
03-20-2014, 12:16 PM
I'm going to be in the Healdsburg area this weekend. Any opportunities in and around the area? I'll probably have Sat afternoon and Sunday morning/afternoon open.

wineslob
03-21-2014, 07:31 AM
Well, I guess not. Wine it is!

Jeff F
03-21-2014, 07:46 AM
Hey WS,

I am the City Planner for Healdsburg. I'd stick with the other things the area has to offer. Wine and incredible eats.

As for fishing? The Russian has been closed to steelhead fishing since Feb. However, there is some pretty decent smallmouth fishing in the river. Not sure if the closure relates to smallies too though.

But....I'd leave the rods home and just enjoy the area for a couple days. Weather will be perfect. Have fun.

~J

winxp_man
03-23-2014, 10:55 AM
Lots of wild hogs in the area. If you know or have permission. To hunt private properties that's another thing you can do (if you hunt that is) :)

Got one back in 2012 out there about a 200 lbs. but fishing it's like
Jeff F said.

wineslob
03-25-2014, 07:45 AM
Hey WS,

I am the City Planner for Healdsburg. I'd stick with the other things the area has to offer. Wine and incredible eats.

As for fishing? The Russian has been closed to steelhead fishing since Feb. However, there is some pretty decent smallmouth fishing in the river. Not sure if the closure relates to smallies too though.

But....I'd leave the rods home and just enjoy the area for a couple days. Weather will be perfect. Have fun.

~J

The weather was excellent, and , yes, perfect. Opted for the "tourist" thing, though my wife and I have been in the area before. Bodega Bay was incredible.
If anyone goes to Santa Rosa, you HAVE to have breakfast at Piner Cafe. Trust me.

http://pinercafe.com/