PDA

View Full Version : was able to get some line wet this afternoon.

Brendo
03-19-2014, 08:32 PM
snuck off to my favorite pond after class to see what was eating and found a couple bass willing to play. i was already seeing a few of the warmer fish jump for dragon flys so maybe the frogs will be out soon to. I cant wait for some topwater action.

Ed Wahl
03-19-2014, 08:50 PM
Some nice looking Bass there B.
And good job framing so there's no giveaways.
I've been looking for them. :)
Ed

Brendo
03-19-2014, 08:53 PM
Some nice looking Bass there B.
And good job framing so there's no giveaways.
I've been looking for them. :)
Ed

Thanks! I have a feeling people are going to get more and more protective over familiar water as this drought progresses.

Ed Wahl
03-19-2014, 09:10 PM
How about a few details for the masses like line wt, floating or sinking? Is that leech weighted or not? Are you letting it fall to the bottom then stripping or stripping as soon as it hits the water? How fast are you stripping? Are you getting grabs on the fall or not until you start stripping it in? What brand of underwear were you wearing? What did you have for lunch? What color is your car and what gear did you use the most to get there? These are details that fishermen just need to know.
Details are cool.
Ed

Brendo
03-19-2014, 10:12 PM
This pond is pretty shallow but full of weeds so i use a floating 8wt line with a matching rod and reel. i just use 7 ft of 15 pound maxima for the leader. The fish were active but not very aggressive so i was watching to see how a pair or group of bass moved through an area and then i would cast my fly where i thought they were going to try and cut them off. one fish was caught on the initial drop after the cast, the rest were caught slow stripping with pauses. after one pass around the pond they were really spooked and spent most of my time watching them slowly swim out of sight. the fly i used was something i tied up last night. just a bunch of olive marabou stacked over black marabou with some flashbou thrown in. its non weighted and sinks maybe 1 inch per second at rest. it was a nice hike through cattle country to get there. lunch was a bag of pistachios!

jbird
03-20-2014, 04:45 AM
Nice looking bass and cool photography. Bass jumping for dragons is one of my favorite events! Cant wait for summer!

Mr T
03-20-2014, 07:16 AM
I keep forgetting to get out for bass, been in a striper kick this year, and then salmon season coming up- thanks for the reminder.