PDA

View Full Version : Live Music at the upcoming Fishest Expo April 12 ?

Bluegrass Bill
03-15-2014, 04:15 PM
Hi Folks, With the first big expo at the new Kiene’s fly shop, ie, Fishwest coming up April 12 it is sure to be a special event for the new shop with lots of great gear, guest speakers and great fun for all of us fly fishers.

I thought I would throw out for consideration the possibility of having some live music from my band to be a part of the festivities. A couple years back we provided music for American fly fishing company for a similar expo kind of day and folks seemed to really enjoy having this be a part of the day. Seems it might be fun to add this activity to the festivities for the first expo for the New fishwest Fly shop.

Bill Kiene as you probably have a connection to the folks who would need to consider and pursue this it if the owners wish to puruse it I will leave it up to you to take action on it at your discretion. Let me know what any of you who will be attending the expo think as well. Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XmEzTlaZMA

Tight lines to all!

Bluegrass Bill
03-18-2014, 11:15 PM
Hi folks, with over 120 views on my message and no comments I guess its pretty clear most of the board members are not real big music fans. Oh well, hope you all enjoyed my original song posted, "the Northern California Fly Fishing Blues."

Tight Lines, I still look forward to the expo with or witout live music :)

Bill

Scott V
03-19-2014, 08:37 AM
I want live music, go-go dancers, and mai tai's with umbrella's. But seriously, live music by you would be awesome.

Terry Thomas
03-19-2014, 08:32 PM
Bill,
Of course, your music is welcomed! I remember when your group last played at the expo...a fun time. I'll be in the shop tomorrow. Give me a call or stop by.

Bluegrass Bill
03-19-2014, 08:40 PM
Hey Scott,

Doesn't look like there is enough interest but thanks for your vote of support :) Have you been out on the delta doign any striper fishing from your kayak? I've heard the fishing is really good now.

Back to the music idea one last time, we would certainly do a special version of the Northern California Fly Fishing Blues for the Expo in addition to our other fun thngs we like to do like these here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQf0u6aUTSs
Steel Guitar Rag/Hey Good Lookin, Live at the Woodland Opera House 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOAyBSoJvRk
Leather Britches, Western Lights at City of Davis July 4h Celebration 2011

Well back to my fly tying now, Tight Lines to all :)

Bluegrass Bill
03-19-2014, 09:07 PM
Bill,
Of course, your music is welcomed! I remember when your group last played at the expo...a fun time. I'll be in the shop tomorrow. Give me a call or stop by.

Hey Terry, Sent my message to Scott before I even realized you had responded. I will be happy to stop by the store tomorrow afternoon and visit with you. I do think it would be a nice addition to the festivities. Thanks!

TyV
03-20-2014, 12:09 AM
Hi folks, with over 120 views on my message and no comments I guess its pretty clear most of the board members are not real big music fans. Oh well, hope you all enjoyed my original song posted, "the Northern California Fly Fishing Blues."

Tight Lines, I still look forward to the expo with or witout live music :)

Bill

Hey Bill

I was one of those views and meant to comment later, just never got around to it. I am also not sure I will be attending the event with other commitments. However, I can't imagine how this event wouldn't be better with some quality local bluegrass with a fly fishing flair. Even if the shop didn't want to budget for your fee...I would hope you would play. I bet they would be more than willing to promote your tip jar...and that plenty of folks would donate to that.

Good luck, wish I could make it to the expo. Next year...

Fish_ON

Wanderingblues
03-20-2014, 07:27 AM
Fly fishing and bluegrass are 2 of my favorite things. Wish I could be there.

Scott V
03-20-2014, 08:23 AM
Bill,
Haven't been out for stripers in about 3 weeks. Plan to start hitting it real hard next weekend. I'll drop you a message when I plan to get out. Been hitting ponds and small water looking for bass right now, it is bass season and I love me some bass. Going to fish Folsom after work today at Granite Bay. Join me if you can, I'll be there about 4:30.

Bluegrass Bill
03-20-2014, 09:12 AM
First thanks guys for the support for live music at the expo. We'll see what happens. :)

Scott, thanks for the invite to fish Folsom this afternoon, won't be able to swing that today. The family has a dinner planned for me tonight to celebrate my birthday today :) I will look forward to joining you for some striper fishing and/or bass fishng in the near future.

Bluegrass Bill
03-25-2014, 10:25 PM
Hi Folks, I want to thank the Fishwest decision makers for considering having Western Lights provide some live music for the expo coming up. Unfortunately for some mutual reasons it will not happen this year. The biggest problem is there is not a convenient power source for us to use our PA in the large parking area behind the shop.

We discussed the possibility of playing acoustically however decided the benefit of our bands music played acoustically will be very limited to a small number of peop0le close to us. If we had power and could set up our PA at least I would know that the majority of the people attending and the vendors scattered over the large would at least enjoy our music. Acoustically that would not be the case. So I will enjoy the expo like the rest of you. Give me a holler if you see me there.

Best Wishes and Tight Lines!