PDA

View Full Version : Truckee???

Jeff F
03-12-2014, 08:35 AM
With the warm weather this weekend, I'm jonesing for some trouting. Anyone know if the Truckee is muddy? Or how it's fishing? Jim? or any other locals?

Thanks for any insight.

~J

DAVID95670
03-12-2014, 10:59 AM
It has 1.5 ft vis around sparks i was on it last night

it was incredibly windy and cold at sunset.

lots of cops on highway do not speed in the Battle Born State

There is a Grimaldi's pizza next to Schells!!! Best pizza in world str8 outta brooklyn!

Jeff F
03-12-2014, 11:59 AM
Thanks David. However, we'll be fishing the California side. Won't have to worry about the Nevada Blue troopers.

bigfly
03-12-2014, 12:01 PM
Jeff, Check my post on streams....
check the last one, I don't bump it up, but do refresh it. (blog too.)
I've been saying it's perfect for days!!!!
Skwallas! at mid-day and towards the PM.

Jim

Jeff F
03-12-2014, 01:32 PM
Jeff, Check my post on streams....
check the last one, I don't bump it up, but do refresh it. (blog too.)
I've been saying it's perfect for days!!!!
Skwallas! at mid-day and towards the PM.

Jim

Nice! Thanks Jim. Can't wait to get up there!

~J

Frank R. Pisciotta
03-13-2014, 08:14 AM
Jeff---On the west-side of the CA/NV border... flows are fishable, temps are into the high 40's (few more up-ticks and it get reeeeally good!), clarity is decent. As always timing is important. Best methods are sub-surface with an occasional surface targets.

Check-out my recent posts of 3/9 and 3/12 at www.flyfishingcalifornia.blogspot.com.

Frank R. Pisciotta

Jeff F
03-13-2014, 09:29 AM
Jeff---On the west-side of the CA/NV border... flows are fishable, temps are into the high 40's (few more up-ticks and it get reeeeally good!), clarity is decent. As always timing is important. Best methods are sub-surface with an occasional surface targets.

Check-out my recent posts of 3/9 and 3/12 at www.flyfishingcalifornia.blogspot.com.

Frank R. Pisciotta

Sounds great! Thanks, Frank.