PDA

View Full Version : first post and first fish of the year for me.

Brendo
03-11-2014, 07:09 PM
I have been lurking around here for a long time and waited all winter to have something of my own to contribute. thanks to the warmer weather and a surprise day off I was able to sneak off to my favorite ponds and in spite of the non stop wind I was able to get a few grabs. The icing on the cake was that these are my first fish on flies I tied myself!

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-11-2014, 07:48 PM
Welcome to our fun little place here on the Internet and congrats on your success.

David Lee
03-11-2014, 08:19 PM
Welcome , and congrats !!

NOW - PM me the directions to the secret Pond ... (kidding)

D.~

Mark Kranhold
03-11-2014, 08:27 PM
Welcome aboard Brendo! Nice going on your own ties, that's always rewarding and a great feeling! Can we see some pics of your custom ties? Always love seeing what people come up with. Congratulations on a great day off!

Brendo
03-14-2014, 09:04 AM
Welcome aboard Brendo! Nice going on your own ties, that's always rewarding and a great feeling! Can we see some pics of your custom ties? Always love seeing what people come up with. Congratulations on a great day off!

Thanks for the welcoming everyone and sorry for the late response. Here are the flies i was using and what i plan on using today. I have only been tying for a few months so i had no idea what to expect when i finally used one of the flies. It adds just another level of enjoyment to the experience. ill be back out today and if i get anything big ill post it back here.