PDA

View Full Version : Sac in Redding...

Nor*Cal
03-10-2014, 11:46 AM
How's it going, all?

I will be at a work training in Redding later this month. I have never fished the sac in redding but I'm wondering if anybody could give me some info on where I can access the river, wade and wet a line?

Thanks in advance, guys!

Cheers,

tommylee
03-10-2014, 03:20 PM
The guides and locals that post here will be the most knowledgeable on this, but I like to wade just below the Sundial Bridge. Then again, a great spot where you would likely be wading all alone is Girvan Road.

There is a public park with a parking lot, then a trail on the left side of the park that will take you to the river. Keep walking, you will find the river, my first time there it had me wondering. There are a number of other wadeable spots near Redding that maybe others will mention here.

Darian
03-11-2014, 06:21 PM
If you can, buy a copy of the current issue of California Fly Fisher. There's an article in it written by Bob Madgic that includes riverside trails and access points to wadeable water on the lower Sac from Deschutes Rd downstream to Red Bluff. Also, if you can get hold of the December 2012 issue of the same mag, the author provided the same info about the area from Deschutes Rd upstream to Redding/Keswick.

This is a very good year to wade up there due to the low river/water levels. :cool:

Nor*Cal
03-13-2014, 04:28 PM
Fantastic. Thanks, guys!!