PDA

View Full Version : Hello, my name is Tony, and I'm a gear guy...

TonyMuljat
03-08-2014, 12:36 AM
Not gear as in "baitcasting" or (dare I say?) "centerpinning".... (no, I'm not a Drakian)... But...

I do love gear... That's my obsession. I want a Loop fly rod. And reel. They just look cool... And I want... one of those Sage 9' 9" rods that they discontinued... And I want a bamboo 3 weight, but I'm afraid I'll break it...

I want a Norvise vise. Of course.

I want Simms waders (but wow, are they expensive!).

Scadden Outlaw Escape? Is that asking too much?

I have a problem....:p

drdan
03-08-2014, 01:36 AM
Welcome Tony. The first step is recognizing we have a problem. :D

Mark Kranhold
03-08-2014, 06:45 AM
Tony, you sound like Violet from Wonkas chocolate factory:p But thats ok because I know this addiction well! Hell I almost traded my wife in for a new 13'6" Spey set up:confused:

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-08-2014, 08:00 AM
Imagine working in the fishing tackle business for almost 50 years.

Every month you see new cool stuff that it hard to resist.

You are our perfect customer......

David Lee
03-08-2014, 10:37 AM
Tony - Your message box is full , delete some of them please -

D.~

Loomis 1
03-09-2014, 11:15 AM
Tony, I can feel your pain. Seven years ago I meet a new friend, my Tony (Buzolich) who takes me to he dark side. I buy "1" rod to try it on stripers. $30,000 in gear later, half a dozen trips to Baja, a month at sugar barge marina in the delta, Oregon, New Orleans and Brazil and it just keeps getting worse. Thousands of dollars in tying materials. My Dyna-King barracuda, not cool enough. I "WANT" a Puglisi vise at almost a grand. Thinking about moving to Vegas and becoming a drug and gambling addict. It would be cheaper.

Bill Siler

fishnbeatsworkin
03-09-2014, 12:01 PM
Welcome Tony. The first step is recognizing we have a problem. :D

The second step is to find a Sugar Momma to support your addiction

BTW, I'd recommend the predator over the escape

Bryan Morgan
03-09-2014, 12:16 PM
Problem or not, make sure you get a Loop Reel. I have loved them for years. Not sure why local retailing hasn't taken off on them, but they are a thing of beauty and a joy forever.

Mr F
03-09-2014, 05:25 PM
. . . and when I found myself in the basement building my own rod (because nothing factory-made "did it" for me anymore), that's when I knew I had hit rock bottom.