PDA

View Full Version : Letter to CDF&W Director Bonham to stop BDCP and NCCP.. Lots of info too!

Mike McKenzie
03-05-2014, 09:00 PM
The California Advisory Committee on Salmon and Steelhead Trout (CACSST) was originally created in 1970 as an advisory body to the California Legislature and the Department of Fish and Wildlife.

"The CAC was expected to operate autonomously, helping ensure the political will needed to restore California's declining salmon runs," explained Barbara Stickel in “The California Advisory Committee on Salmon and Steelhead Trout: An Epic of Stymied Good Intentions” (2008). "However, since the early 1990s the CAC has been neither funded nor staffed to conduct the studies and other activities necessary to fully comply with their directive to oversee California's salmon restoration program. Likewise, although annual reporting, accompanied by proposed legislative changes, as needed, was originally anticipated, it has been twenty years since the last full CAC report to the Joint Legislative Committee on Fisheries and Aquaculture was prepared."

Someone breathed some life into the Committee however! They've come out with a letter to Director Bonham of DF&W opposing the BDCP.. This is exactly what we need more of if we want our fisheries to survive the onslaught from the Corporate Ag. folks! Read it here:

http://mavensnotebook.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/CACSST-to-Bonham-CDFW-on-BDCP-NCCP_022614.pdf

Write letters too!

Mike

SeanO
03-07-2014, 12:57 AM
Really good info, Mike!

Do you know where I can read an official version of that pdf? I looked for a bit but I can only find it on maven's notebook. It must be out there, right?

Thanks,

Mike McKenzie
03-07-2014, 11:17 AM
Really good info, Mike!

Do you know where I can read an official version of that pdf? I looked for a bit but I can only find it on maven's notebook. It must be out there, right?

Thanks,
Salmonid,

That is a copy of the document..if you want a copy of the pdf file PM me your e-mail address and I'll send you a pdf file..

Mike

SeanO
03-07-2014, 11:22 AM
Understood Mike.

Thanks,

Salmonid,

That is a copy of the document..if you want a copy of the pdf file PM me your e-mail address and I'll send you a pdf file..

Mike